Monday 28 November 2011

Project Structure Generator For Revit


I arrived safely in Las Vegas on Saturday after almost 10hrs flight on Saturday. There were quite a few familiar faces on the plane, Shaun Bryant (AUGI Director), Paul Oakley (AUGI UK Chair Person), Daryl Store (PRP), guys from Atkins, BDP etc. I also met Patrick Williams from Norgren, who is a Sr. Mechanical Engineer and a heavy Inventor user. He seemed to be in a minority because most of the guys were talking about BIM/Revit etc. 


On Saturday I didn't do much as I had a bit of jet lag so decided to take some rest and be prepared for the marathon for the next five days. On Sunday, I went out for a walk at around 5.00am and after breakfast I went out to explore the vegas strip with Shaun, Paul, and Patrick. Being new to the place, we were guided by Shaun and Paul. Thanks to Shaun and Paul, we really had a great time. 




In the late afternoon I registered for AU and headed off to some drinks. On the way I bumped into David Light and William Lopez Campo. One of the best things about AU is you get an opportunity to meet subject experts and learn from them Live! on top of AU classes.


Anyways, I am going to try my hands on Inventor during AU and Patrick has kindly offered some help so let's see how it goes.


In the mean time,  Project Structure Generator is out in the lab.  It is supported for Revit Architecture and Revit Structure and generates concept structure based on mass objects. It looks promising and very useful at the early concept design phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment